Boxing Shoes And Boxing Gloves
Are boxing shoes considered sneakers?
Boxers have to wear soft soled shoes so there would not be any damage to the opponents feet, whether accidental or intentional.
Boxing is a combat sport, were 2 people throw punches at each other, wearing boxing gloves, for a set amount of time in a boxing ring. Amateur boxing is an Olympic Sport and Commonwealth Game. It also has its own World Championship. A referee supervises a one to three interval of rounds. The result is determined when one of the opponents either cannot go on or is actually knocked out.
The judges determine the winner on scorecards at the end of the contest. If the score is determined that both fighters received equal scores then its considered a draw in Professional Boxing Only. In the Olympics if a drew is determined, a decision has to be made by using technical criteria.
People have fought hand to hand combat since the beginning of time. Boxing as a sport, had been started by the Ancient Greeks, as an Olympic game in BC 688. And in the 16th and 18th century, prize fighting, mainly in Great Britain. Then in the 19th century around 1867 “Marquess of Queensbury Rules” came into the modern day boxing.
There have been many great boxers here in the United States like Joe Lewis, Rocky Marciano, Mohammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Michael Spinks and Evander Holyfield, just to name a few. The ring has seen a lot of fighters over the years. If you are into boxing, it can be a great sport, mostly to watch, for me anyway.
Some of the things a boxer would need while sparing in a ring. Of course, the shoes.
1 – Reebok Men’s Boot Boxing Shoe
You could definitely go round for round in these Reebok Boxing Boots. The synthetic leather all the way to the top is smooth and comfortable. Having a foam insole to absorb the shock. With the high-cut design and ankle strap that keeps the foot locked in and supportive. A full rubber outsole provides durability while moving around the ring.
- Synthetic Leather
- Synthetic sole
- When you’re going round for round, you need shoes that support and move fast. You’re covered with the Reebok Boxing Boot.
- Synthetic leather upper
- High-cut design
- Foam midsole
- Ankle strap
- 29 Customer Reviews with a 4.5 out of 5 star rating
One of my favorite boxers, as I had mentioned before is Joe Lewis. He had 6 fights from February 23, 1951 to October 26, 1951. Most of them were either TKO’s or UD’s on Mr Lewis’ part until the last fight where Rocky Marciano actually knocked him out. I think his career was over at that time.
When I go to the gym nowadays, there are speed bags, heavy bags, all kinds of weights, but I feel the only thing that’s missing is a sparing partner. I feel this is a boxers most important thing in working out. So it means he has to go to a gym with a ring and do it right.
2 – Adidas Originals Men’s Combat Speed.5
This Adidas Men’s Combat Speed 5 “Fits Like A Sock” with its breathable single layer mesh body. Having a supportive TPU 3-strip teamed with an integral support strap which reinforces the “sock like” fit. It has a split-suede leather outsole overlay which allows for the right amount of grip on the inside of this shoe while having a die-cut EVA midsole.
- Rubber sole
- Extremely breathable single layer mesh body ‘fits like a sock’
- Flexible, supportive TPU 3-stripes teamed with integrated side panel ‘Integral Support Strap’ reinforces the ‘sock-like’ fit
- Split-suede leather outsole overlays allow for the right amount of grip
- 28 Customer Reviews and has a 4.7 out of 5 star rating
The strategic approach a fighter takes in considered his style. None are alike, and each is determined by the individuals physical strength and attributes. The three main styles are “outside fighter” called the boxer. The “brawler” called the slugger. Or the “inside fighter” called the swarmer. The philosophy is that each style has an advantage over the other and a disadvantage over the other. Its like a boxer beats a brawler, a brawler beats a swarmer, and a swarmer beats a boxer. Lets take a look at each one.
The Boxer: Boxers are basically the nicest to watch. They are masters of both offense and defense. They generally fight from the outside, come in to punch and then back off again. Most of the time they do very well against the slugger because they are quick and mobile.
Sonny Liston was this kind of boxer. He would let his opponent come to him. Chipping away at the other guy until he got a chance and then threw his harder shot. Most boxing fights are more like a chess game nowadays than a fight and can get boring.
The Slugger: A slugger relies on power punches to knock his opponent out. This style is very effective against swarmer’s. Unlike the swarmer that is throwing punches left and right, the slugger only has to connect with one. These type of fighters are generally bigger and slower. They throw fewer punches but when they land one, its devastating.
They usually lack one or more of the following: Great Footwork, Defensive Abilities, Ring Smarts or Speed. But they will break down their opponent with aggressive and relentless pressure.
The Swarmer: The Swarmer is aggressive and relentless. They fight in close, stay there and unleash a flurry of punishment. Big punches do not deter swarmer’s and they deliver devastating volleys in close. They are always inside so their opponent can’t throw counter punches. Very light on their feet and have great speed. A swarmer like Rocky Marciano would first tire out his opponent and still have enough gas in the tank to deliver a crushing knockout blow.
Places to spar, gyms with boxing rings
A Boxing Ring is a place where boxing matches occur. Today’s rings are usually a raised platform built into a square with posts in each corner. It has 4 parallel rows of ropes attached at each post with a turnbuckle.
There are a number of Professional Boxing Organizations, so the construction of each ring could vary somewhat. The normal ring is 16 to 20 feet to the sides of the ropes and another 2 feet outside. The ring is normally 3 to 4 feet from the ground. There is 1″ of padding and a canvas stretched over it to make up the floor. The ropes are usually 1 inch round and 18, 30, 42 and 54 inches above the mat, held up on posts that are approximately 5 foot high.
There are Boxing Clubs all around the country, if you look hard enough, you can find one in your neighborhood. They are usually for bringing up a boxer so he could fight in the Olympics or even Professionally. Its not just considered a gym for working out with weights.
Boxing Gloves and Accessories
There are a lot of types of boxing gloves. You have gloves for the Amateur, the Professional, the Women, for Training Purposes and Combat Mitts for the Marshal Arts. Boxing gloves come in a multitude of colors: Black, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Pink (mostly for girls) etc. If you are sparing with another person, black is your best bet. But if you are with a trainer, then red would be better because he would be able to see the punches coming better.
1 – Everlast PowerLock Training Gloves Blk/Wht, 16 oz
Boxing Gloves are paraphernalia that is worn on the hands during boxing matches or when they are practicing (sparing). These gloves are designed so the boxer protects his hands while fighting a competition, sparing or other forms of training. The modern gloves today help reduce superficial facial injuries but also let the fighter throw stronger punches to his opponents head without damaging his own hands. The participants also have a greater risk of brain damage.
- Modern, anatomical foam construction guides your hand into a natural fist position
- Compact design is the perfect balance of comfort, speed, and protection
- Premium synthetic leather ideal for heavy bag and mitt work
- 12 Customer Reviews with a 4.7 out of 5 star rating
2 – Cleto Reyes Hook & Loop Training Gloves
These gloves have all the quality and craftsmanship you expect from the authentically produced Cleto Reyes Training Gloves. This glove sports a leather strap with hook and loop closure for a firm and quicker adjustment. Two whole inches of padding in the punch area for better protection.
These gloves are manufactured under strict quality control in goat skin leather. The attached thumb helps to prevent eye and thumb injuries Interior water-repellant lining prevents moisture from entering the padding. Handmade in Mexico.
- All the quality and craftsmanship you have come to expect from an authentically produced Cleto Reyes product
- These training gloves are manufactured under strict quality control in goatskin leather with water-repellent lining to keep the hands dry and comfortable as you reach your athletic and fitness goals
- Complete with an attached thumb for safety to help prevent eye and thumb injuries and 2 inches of latex foam padding to protect your fists
- Gloves sold in pairs and feature a full hook & loop closure that allows you to take them on and off in seconds
- These sparring punching bag mitts come in a variety of colors and are sure to give you a competitive high calorie burning workout
- 176 Customer Reviews and has a 4.4 out of 5 rating
3 – Fairtex BGV14 Micro fiber Boxing Gloves Muay Thai Boxing, MMA, Kickboxing, Training Boxing Equipment, Gear for Martial Art
This set of gloves is Fairtex’s new brand-#BGV14. Their new gloves are a brand new design with a long cuff. Very easy to form a fist to save energy during training. Taking some of the characteristics from the classic #BGV6 sparring glove with the extra padding on the palm area for the maximum comfort and safety. Compact, light and having a consistent weight.
Made from microfiber which is more durable then leather and are lighter, smoother and hold up better. This Fairtex #BGV14 is an original design with extra-thick padding at the knuckle area for maximum shock dispersement. Fairtex gloves offer more protection and are better suited for harder sparring. Having a wrap around hook that secures the wrist. They are sold in 6 oz, 8 oz, 10 oz, 12 oz, 14 oz and 16 oz.
- Brand new design of pattern and padding that makes the weight very consistent and correct
- Made of “Micro Fiber” which is the same material that used in Fairtex “MADDOX” grappling dummy. Odorless material, endurable, flexible, soft and smooth touch.
- Handmade in Thailand. Come with letter and dog-tag chain.
- FREE SHIPPING UPGRADE. Select just standard shipping, Gloves will ship expedited. First time exchange is free of charge. Buyers respond for return shipping cost to U.S. address.
- Gloves will ship in UPS/FedEx packaging, not in Fairtex retail box.
- 92 Customer Reviews and has a 4.5 out of 5 star rating
4 – TITLE Gel World Bag Gloves
Now here comes the Exclusive Gel Enforced Lining and multi-layered foam padding for the ultimate in style, performance, protection and power. They come in pink also for the girls. The gel lining delivers an unbeatable layer of custom form fit and impact resistance.
People, once you try these you will never go back to the regular bag gloves again. All leather outer with special hand compartment lining for a cool, dry and comfortable wear. Has an awesome wraparound adjustable wrist strap with a D-ring. Also a hook and loop closure for a secure fit.
- All-leather outer
- Special hand compartment lining for cool, dry and comfortable wear
- Wraparound adjustable wrist strap
- Approx. 16 oz.
- 302 Customer Reviews and has a 4.7 out of 5 star rating
Boxing Mitts for MMA and Kickboxing
1 – RDX Ego Boxing Gloves Muay Thai Training Professional Maya Hide Leather Sparring Punching Bag Mitts kickboxing Fighting
These boxing mitts are stuffed with a generous padding for when you want to work out for boxing training. Easy to slip on and off , these mitts have an elasticated wrist support and a ventilated palm to keep you cool while working out.
Great for advanced boxers and beginners, these mitts can withstand tough workouts. Mitt training promotes proper punching and striking skills. These gloves are a stylish yet practical option to help develop a wide variety of combative skills plus you can take them anywhere for a spontaneous sparring session.
- Resilient Maya Hide LEATHER construction makes these boxing gloves stubbornly durable and long-lasting
- Extra-thick Supremo-Shock Foam based padding on knuckles with separate padded block over WRIST-joint along with shock dissipating gel lining between PADDING
- Quick-EZ hook and loop closure with extra-long strap provides enhanced wrist-support and a snug fit
- Exclusive S.P.P incorporated palm for air ventilation and breathability on palm-side
- Designed using exclusive RDX Quadro-Dome Technology to equally disperse force throughout area of impact
- 353 Customer Reviews and has a 4.5 out of 5 star rating
2 – Fairtex Boxing Kickboxing Muay Thai Style Sparring Gloves Training Punching Bag Mitts
These Sparring Gloves can also be used for the Punching Bag exercise also. They are blue on the outside and yellow on the inside. Made of premium leather with Velcro straps. Coming from Thailand where they are made, it has free shipping upgrade. This way they ship express with standard shipping cost.
Wrap-around hook and loop closures give you the comfort and stabilize your wrists for safe impact.
- All-purpose boxing gloves.
- Tight fit design.
- Constructed of premium leather with velcro straps and handmade in Thailand.
- Free Shipping upgrade. Gloves ship express with standard shipping cost.
- Service centers for return/exchange in U.S. and Thailand.
- 252 Customer Reviews and has a 4.7 out of 5 star review
3 – Sanabul Essential Curved Boxing MMA Punching Mitts
When you want to have something to fit your hands properly, you should make it by hand. The curvature in these mitts are made so your hands feel comfortable when you wear them. No need to worry if you have big or small hands because there is a half ball palm grip and a Velcro wrist adjuster to help your hands snug and in place.
In order to reduce the impact from your partners punches they used San-Tec impact protection foam. With the combination of the light weight (about 1 lb. for the 2 mitts) and superb impact dispersion, make these mitts a perfect choice for long training sessions whether your an amateur or a professional.
- Hand-Shaped Mold. Constructed to fit the natural curvature of the hand
- Santec Ultra Light Foam. Light weight foam provides superior shock absorbency while limiting trainer fatigue
- Performance Engineered Leather Construction. High quality and durable material is easier to clean and maintain
- Half Ball Palm Grip. Allows for a comfortable and secure grip helps prevent injury to the coach pad user
- Mesh Backing with Adjustable Wrist Strap. Helps keep hands cooler and increases breathability of the mitts
- 336 Customer Reviews and having a 4.6 out of 5 star rating
4 – Ringside Competition Boxing Muay Thai MMA Sparring Head Protection Headgear with Cheeks
Ringside fight gear crafts the best competition headgear for design, comfort, durability and safety. Featuring a genuine leather construction with quality laminated foam an the latest protective advancements. Soft suede lining, contoured design and curved cheek protectors, form a natural feel wanted in headgear. A better fit means a better performance.
USA Boxing Approved.
- The Ringside Competition headgear is USA Boxing approved with a sleek contoured design and curved cheek protections to better protect the head and face
- Made of durable leather construction to ensure lasting dexterity and performance with a soft suede lining to absorb sweat
- This head gear has a top quality laminated foam system that disperses impact so you can focus safely on sparring and fighting
- Top rated headgear for boxing, MMA, Muay Thai and partner contact sport athletes alike to practice and compete
- Complete your home or commercial gym with the proper fight gear to get your athletes in shape and competition ready
- 107 Customer Reviews and has a 4.4 out of 5 star rating
5 – Outslayer Boxing MMA 100lbs Heavy Bag Filled
This Outslayer 100 pound heavy bag is shipped filled. Weights approx. 100 pounds when shipped plus you can add extra weight if needed, maximum capacity is 300 lbs. This heavy bag is made in the USA. Has a 10 year warranty. The height is 55 inch body length and another 1/2 inch length of the straps.
The diameter is approximately 14 inches. Designed with heavy duty straps which are already sewn onto the punching bag, so no chains are needed. Perfect for MMA and Boxing. If you would like a D ring to attach the bottom of the bag to the floor, just leave a note when you order, and they will send it to you for free. You will love this 100 pound Heavy Bag or your money back guaranteed.
- 100 Pound Black Heavy Bag. This Heavy Duty Professional Quality Punching Bag is Proudly Made in the USA
- Included with this Heavy Bag is a 10 Year Warranty Certificate, which Protects Your Heavy Bag Against Any Damage with the Only Exclusion of damage Caused by Weather and Sharp Objects
- This 100lb Punching Bag is great for Martial Arts, Boxing, Fitness and MMA training.
- Punching Bag Height is 55″ plus Additional apx 10″ of the Length of the Straps
- Ships in a Heavy Duty Reusable Vinyl Cover , that You Can Use for Moving or Storage or Your Punching Bag While Keeping it Looking Brand New
- 327 Customer Reviews and a 4.8 out of 5 star rating
In the technique there are different stances and punches. You have the “Upright Stance”, the “Semi-Crouch” and the “Full Crouch”. Left handers (called south-paws) are a mirror image of the normal stance which could cause problems for the traditional right handed fighter. Getting hit with jabs, hooks and crosses from the opposite side could cause problems. In the same instance the southpaw is vulnerable to a straight right hand.
As far as the punches go, we have the jab, crosses, hook and uppercut. Each one of these punches or a combination of will eventually give one of the boxers a win.
Reebok Combat Leather MMA Glove – Small
MMA is the fastest growing full-combat sport which involves both striking like boxing or a marshal art form which also includes grappling While training you definitely need a pair of these MMA gloves. They come in small, medium, large and extra large sizes.
The open palm design is ideal for grappling and wrestling technology inside the cage as well as a wrap around wrist support. These MMA gloves are constructed with high-grade leather and have a padded strike surface. Soft on the inside but tough on the outside.
- Open palm design for mixed martial arts grappling techniques
- Pair of Combat Leather MMA Gloves
- Tough leather construction with padded strike surface
- Wrap around wrist support for a secure fit
Adidas Performance Men’s Adizero Wrestling XIV Wrestling Shoes
Wrestling is a great sport and this is why this two piece mesh wrestling shoe was conceived. A smooth slipping, welded upper, eases escapes and a simplified outer sole has suede and rubberized inserts for grip on the mats.
- Rubber sole
- Wrestling Shoes
- 134 costumer reviews and it gets a 4.3 out of 5 star rating.
Lets get to know each other, just subscribe on the right, and I will update you with the sales and discounts that come along.
Please Leave All Comments Below, let me know your opinion on boxing and wrestling.